-

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pricing

I think that everyone who sells their art runs into the challenges of pricing their work now and again. For my part, I had it under control until I started working with pmc and base metal clays. Suddenly my work went from fitting into semi-neat categories to nearly every piece being unique. What to do? So, with the help of my husband, I began working on a new system. I poked around on the internet and saw many suggestions-most said to simply do time+materials. I wanted more. At this point, and I may change it again in the future, I have a system for pricing my work that includes materials, amount of material, additional findings, equipment depreciation, and time (hourly pay). I set my hourly pay based on my pay when I am at my day job. My database is almost ready (thanks Michael) and I'm excited to see how it works out. If anyone out there has any questions about this process, let me know, I'm happy to share more.

No comments:

Post a Comment